This is a cooking collaboration with the wonderful cook & YouTuber Mervat’s World in Egypt. We both are making our version of Shrimp Alfredo. My is made with Cajun spices, heavy cream, sour cream, & parmesan. I cannot wait to see what Mervat has in store for us.
Since I must cook gluten free and regular noodles for my family, I do not premix the noodles with the sauce. The sauce is completely gluten free (no wheat). But if you are just making one kind of noodles, you can toss the noodles in the sauce before serving.
► Mervat’s World: https://bit.ly/2HAZNl5
THE AFFILIATE LINKS BELOW HELP SUPPORT THIS CHANNEL. THANK YOU FOR USING THEM WHILE MAKING YOUR PLANS & PURCHASES:
► Jovial Foods Organic Gluten Free Traditional Egg Pasta, Egg Tagliatelle e 2 Accent 6: CLICK HERE
► Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Magic Seasoning Blends Seafood Magic: CLICK HERE
► Simply Organic Nutmeg Ground CERTIFIED ORGANIC: CLICK HERE
► igourmet Parmigiano Reggiano: CLICK HERE
Malandragem by Quincas Moreira, from YouTube’s music library.
Download March 18, 2019.
You’re free to use this song and monetize your video.
- 1-pound med to large uncooked shrimp (16oz.)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 7 tablespoons butter or ghee
- ½-1 cup Green onions, chopped (optional)
- ½ mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1-10 ounces package fettuccine noodles (regular or gluten free)
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 8 ounces sour cream (1 cup)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (approximately 4 ounces) for best results use freshly grated
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese for topping. For best result try shaved
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, ground
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a deep pot
- Add onions, and mushrooms. Cook until onions are translucent. Remove and set aside. Keep warm.
- Remove shrimp shells, tails and veins.
- Sprinkle shrimp with Cajun spice. Using the same pot, turn heat to medium high. Melt another tablespoon of butter. Add shrimp to deep pot and cook until brown.
- Remove shrimp and keep warm with onions and mushrooms.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Melt remaining butter in the same pot.
- Add sour cream and stir for one minute. Stir in heavy cream. Cook for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg
- Add 1 cup of cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve noodles in a dish or flat bowl. Top with alfredo cheese sauce. Then top with shrimp mixture and the remaining ½ cup of parmesan cheese.
This disclaimer informs readers and viewer that the views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text and video are not meant to implicate any one company or organization. Neither Colorado Martini nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible consequences of any entity, person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content.
This video and description contain Amazon, Groupon or Booking.com affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, Colorado Martini Publishing LLC receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos and content like this. Thank you for the support! See full disclaimer at: http://www.coloradomartinis.com