Are you looking for something that will wow your dinner party? Then you have come to the right dessert recipe. Colorado Martini shows us how to make a delectable layered pumpkin chocolate cheesecake pie with fresh ginger, pumpkin puree, semi-sweet chocolate, cream cheese, and a regular or gluten-free crust. An out of this world scrumptious Thanksgiving / holiday dessert that will wow your family and guests. Great for Christmas, Thanksgiving, or any family get together. You will love these how-to dessert recipe.
- Sugar Bear for keeping brown sugar soft https://amzn.to/2DAVwfI
- Also keeps cakes, cookies, dried fruits, coconut, & raisins fresh
- Silicone Pie Crust Shields https://amzn.to/2RX9V95
- Nordic Ware Adjustable Pie Shield, Metal: https://amzn.to/2qOdlz6
- Deep Pie Baking Dish https://amzn.to/2Tc2j3P
- King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Pie Crust Mix https://amzn.to/2PsjwIf
- Farmers Market Pumpkin Puree 100% Organic 3x15oz https://amzn.to/2OHGLc1
- Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie Spice, 1.8oz https://amzn.to/2DjXnUW
- Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, 10 oz https://amzn.to/2TbCG33
- 1 Deep Dish Pie Pastry (regular or gluten free)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened (1-1/2 8-oz. pkgs.)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1-15 ounces can pumpkin, (organic preferred)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar (Sugar Bear)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 5 eggs, room temperate
- ¾ cup half-and-half or light cream
- ¼ teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon finely grated lemon rind (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare and roll out Deep Dish Pie Pastry. Transfer pastry to a 9-1/2- to 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Trim crust edge 1/2-inch beyond pie plate. Flute edge high. Line pastry with double thickness of foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 6 minutes more or until golden. Cool on wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 egg; beat on low speed until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture in cooled pastry shell. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate.
3. In bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, and spice. Stir in 4 eggs. Gradually stir in half-and-half. Mix in the optional grated fresh ginger.
4. Slowly pour pumpkin mixture on chocolate layer.
5. To prevent overbrowning, cover pie edge with foil.
6. Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours. Top with chopped chocolate.
♫Music by Dj Quads♫– Intersection (Non-Copyrighted Music): https://soundcloud.com/aka-dj-quads/intersection
This disclaimer informs readers and viewer that the views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text and video are not meant to implicate any one company or organization. Neither Colorado Martini nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible consequences of any entity, person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content.
This video and description contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support! See full disclaimer at: http://www.coloradomartinis.com
This content is strictly the opinion of Colorado Martini, and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Colorado Martini nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.