Due to honey’s nutritional & health benefits, it is in high demand. But at the same time bees are dying off in record numbers. To meet this demand, suppliers are resorting to shady tactics that food and import regulators are having a hard time keeping up with. In this video, we will tell the story of the nutrients of honey, the shady tactics, and how you as a consumer can look out for pure honey.
Great Real Honey Sources (please help support this channel by using these link)
- Florida Orange Blossom Raw Honey (10.5 ounce) by Bee Raw: https://amzn.to/2wjvQhr
- Maine Wild Raspberry Raw Honey (10.5 ounce) by Bee Raw: https://amzn.to/2BOGzqi
- Colorado Sweet Yellow Clover Raw Honey (10.5 ounce): by Bee Raw: https://amzn.to/2N9olkf
- YS Eco Bee Farms RAW HONEY – Raw, Unfiltered, Unpasteurized – Kosher 3lbs: https://amzn.to/2MraoSx
- Oregon Meadowfoam Raw Honey (10.5 ounce) by Bee Raw: https://amzn.to/2o31snN
- Bee Raw Washington Buckwheat Honey – 10.5 Oz.: https://amzn.to/2NcPrqO
- Maine Blueberry Raw Honey (10.5 ounce) by Bee Raw: https://amzn.to/2wjwhbz
See disclaimer below about these links
· Honey is in a lot of our foods: BBQ sauces, cereals, salad dressings, food we order in restaurants or just plain old honey.
· Even though we process honey the same as any other sugar. Honey is still healthier. 1 tablespoon of raw honey contains about 64 calories and is fat-free, cholesterol-free and sodium-free. And 1 tablespoons 17g carbs. Where 16g is sugar.
· A 2001 study at the University of Memphis shows that raw honey is an effective carb for boosting endurance during exercise.
· The sugar contain is primarily fructose and glucose.
· Raw honey offers tons of nutritional benefits and does not contain manmade chemicals that you find in many other sweeteners.
· The nutritional facts can vary a bit due to the floral variation of the pollen source.
· Raw honey contains an array of vitamin B, vitamin A, vitamin C.
· Honey contains an abundant amount of calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc
· Raw honey also contains many antioxidants
· As you can see, honey is not an empty calorie. And is said to help with weight loss, less likely than sugar to spike you blood sugar. It is also can act as an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent.
· It is also thought to help control diarrhea, indigestion, and stomach ulcer.
· With all these benefits, you can see why honey has become the people’s choice for an alternative.
· Because of this, our demand for honey is higher than ever.
· But there are a few problems. The biggest is Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) and fraud.
· Colony collapse disorder is the phenomenon that occurs when the majority of worker bees in a colony disappear and leave behind a queen
· “If bees were to disappear from the globe, mankind would only have 4 years to live…”
· There are potentially disastrous effects of the declining bee population may have on our society
· Significant economic losses because many agricultural crops worldwide are pollinated by bees
· Bees are messengers of love between plants
· Or that China is one of the biggest producers of honey
· Bears are attracted to the protein of the bees and not the honey. But once they get the taste of honey they become addicted.
· Production is less then supply on the market = curious gap
· Beehives did not = supply
Best Free & No Copyright Music you can use it in your YouTube videos without copyright claimDOWNLOAD SONG HERE: https://soundcloud.com/markvard/markvard-true
Song: Markvard – True (Amazing No Copyright Music)
Music promoted by Amazing No Copyright Music
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmbqu1x8BVM
References and Photo Credits (all retrieved August 23, 2018)
· Rotten: Lawyers, Guns, and Honey (2018, January 05). Retrieved August 23, 2018, from https://www.netflix.com/watch/80149706?trackId=14170289&tctx=0,0,94538a42-a4f7-44c7-8878-223f3170c6a8-1515137,44dfcbbe-a117-455c-8efa-5d461daafee4_66210575X3XX1535059222680,44dfcbbe-a117-455c-8efa-5d461daafee4_ROOT
· Living Strong: https://www.livestrong.com/article/302341-raw-honey-nutritional-facts/
· US Merchant Marine first aid kit – National World War I Museum – Kansas City, MO – DSC07694.JPG, By Daderot [Public domain or Public domain], from Wikimedia Commons: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:US_Merchant_Marine_first_aid_kit_-_National_World_War_I_Museum_-_Kansas_City,_MO_-_DSC07694.JPG
· RFA in Beekeeping/Honey Production: http://zrda.georgianeo.ge/index.php/en/rfa-beekeeping-honey
· United-States-honeybee-losses-to-2015–USDA-ARS.jpg: By USDA ARS [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:United-States-honeybee-losses-to-2015–USDA-ARS.jpg
· Traditional Honey making in Sichuan, China.jpg: By Philippe Semanaz [CC BY-SA 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Traditional_Honey_making_in_Sichuan,_China.jpg
· Stevedores on a New York Dock Loading Barrels of Corn Syrup onto a Barge on the Hudson River, ca. 1912 – NARA – 518287.jpg: Lewis Hine [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Stevedores_on_a_New_York_Dock_Loading_Barrels_of_Corn_Syrup_onto_a_Barge_on_the_Hudson_River,_ca._1912_-_NARA_-_518287.jpg
· The image is released free of copyrights under Creative Commons CC0.
· You may download, modify, distribute, and use them royalty free for anything you like, even in commercial applications. Attribution is not required. https://pxhere.com/en/photo/172795
· mohamed_hassan / 3355 images” https://pixabay.com/en/america-china-commerce-3582772/
· Highway Sign Import Tax Image: http://www.creative-commons-images.com/highway-signs/i/import-tax.html
· Short Cut Road, By Nic McPhee: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nicmcphee/2057350339
· Tintagel Honey Shop Tintagel August 2015, Bristol Viewfinder, https://www.flickr.com/photos/bristolviewfinder/20052566508
· Hans / 22187 images https://pixabay.com/en/honey-honey-jar-honey-for-sale-5731/
· Cheerdj, honey-cup-beekeepers, https://pixabay.com/en/honey-cup-beekeepers-2167848/
This disclaimer informs readers and viewer that the views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text and video are not meant to implicate any one company or organization. But are merely meant for informational and educational purposes. And that the statements were a direct result from research in the references attached to this video and document. Neither Colorado Martini nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible consequences of any entity, person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content.
This video and description contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!
This content is strictly the opinion of Colorado Martini, and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Colorado Martini nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.
You must log in to post a comment.