Every Potter Head know what Butterbeer is. So, for the muggles of the world here is a Butterbeer 101.
In the Harry Potter wizard world, Butterbeer is a popular beverage. You can find it all over in the wizard world. It is served hot or cold. When you take a sip, you are left with a foamy mustache. In the real world it can be found in the Harry Potter Wizard World Theme Park, in Orlando, Florida. It has been featured in recent commercials. it is said that J.K. Rowling helped develop the original recipe for the theme park. There are many recipes out there. this one is most likely the closes to the one served at the park.
We will be doing two version. One is non-alcoholic. And, the other is for adult wizards and adult muggles. Both demonstrated on @ColoradoMartini YouTube.
Ingredients & other related things
- Flying Cauldron Butterscotch Beer: https://amzn.to/2GAaGyz
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter Butterbeer Mug: https://amzn.to/2k9fmCT
- Harry Potter Butter Beer Chips: https://amzn.to/2wSDsel
- Old No. 9 3/4 – Wizard Butter Scotch Men’s T-Shirt: https://amzn.to/2wVLbbl
- Watkins Imitation Butter Extract: https://amzn.to/2GxKaWB
- McCormick Butter Extract: https://amzn.to/2IRhZqW
- McCormick Imitation Rum Extract: https://amzn.to/2GyTwRR
- McCormick Rum Extract w/Other Natural Flavors: https://amzn.to/2wXe9aT
- A&W Cream Soda (cans): https://amzn.to/2rUGSs9
- A&W Cream Soda (2L): https://amzn.to/2k8sfwQ
- Marshmallow Crème (7oz): https://amzn.to/2rUHDS3
- Hand mixer: https://amzn.to/2Isw1jg
Butterbeer Non-Alcoholic Version
- 2-liter bottle Cream Soda or 6-7 cans Cream Soda
- 2 tablespoons imitation butter
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Electric mixer
- Place some glass mugs or glasses in the freezer so they get frosty.
- Open the cream soda bottle. Then pour the butter extract and rum extract into the soda. If you can only find cans of cream soda, then add the extracts to can. Or, add the can soda to some other container that seals
- Seal the soda container. Place the container on its side. Then gently roll the container back and forth on the counter a few times. If using can soda, just gently swirl it around to mix. You want to mix the ingredients without creating too much gas inside.
- Chill soda bottle until ready to use.
- For the topping, combine the marshmallow cream, whipping cream and remaining rum extract in a large bowl. With an electric mixer, whisk on high till you get soft peaks.
- When ready to serve, place approximately 1 tablespoon of topping into a glass. Then pour the soda over the cream to create the frothy topping. Or, you can also spoon some of the crème over a cold glass of cream soda. This second method will create a more creamier topping. You can play with what works for you.
- Makes about 7 to 8 / 8-ounce glasses.