Chipotle Chili Powder
Chipotle powder is available in most spice sections. The power is made by grinding smoked jalapeno peppers. It is commonly used in different regions of Mexico. And really adds a hot kick and flavor to any dish.
- 4 free range split chicken breasts (ribs in), organic if available
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1 cup black cherry or regular cherry jam or fruit spread (or make a sweet cherry sauce out of fresh)
- 1/4 cup red wine (something cheap is just fine)
- 1-2 tablespoons truffle, garlic or regular olive oil (truffle is to die for)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea or Kosher salt
- Ground pepper
- Grill with gas or coals
- meat thermometer for grilling
- Brush chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle chicken Breast with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the Chipotle powder.
- Start and preheat the grill.
- In a saucepan, add jam, garlic, wine, and remaining 1 teaspoon of Chipotle powder. And a dash of salt to bring out the flavor.
- Heat cherry mixture on medium heat. Stirring often, bring to a boil
- Remove saucepan from heat. Set aside.
- Meanwhile grill chicken until done. About 10-12 minutes on each side. Never cut into meat to check the doneness. It can release the juices. In turn, drying out the meat.
Breast, with ribs 6 to 8 ounces Medium/High heat 10 to 15 minutes per side 165 F (75 C) Boneless Breast 4 ounces High heat 6 to 8 minutes per side 165 F (75 C)
- Pour warm sauce over chicken and serve. Is great served cold too.