Tapioca (Boba) Pearls
Tapioca Pearls are mainly made of tapioca starch, water, and corn starch. They do not have much taste by themselves. But will absorb the liquid’s flavor and sweetness. They can be found in a Asian market. Or on Amazon (BOBA Black Tapioca Pearl Bubble Tea, 2 Pack (Each 8.8 OZ) + 1 Pack of 50 BOBA Straws – Variety Color). You can get a variety of colors or just basic black.
You need to boil the pearls in boiling water before using in milk tea, coffee, or a dessert. Once the pearls are ready they must be used within 4 hours of preparation.
We highly recommend you purchase wide straws big enough to sip up the Boba pearls. Also available online. 1 Pack of 50 BOBA Straws – Variety Color.
Mango Orange Boba Drink
- 1/2 cup Boba Pearls (available on Amazon)
- 4-5 cups water
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1/2 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey. Or 1 tablespoon of each
- Wide Straws (available on Amazon)
- Medium pot with lid
- Glass measuring cup or medium glass bowl
- In a medium size pot, boil water.
- Slowly add Boba pearls to boiling water.
- Cover with a lid when tapioca (Boba) pearls float to the top of water.
- Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and continue to simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile add some cold water and a little ice to the glass measuring cup or bowl.
- When Boba is done simmering, scoop out of the pot with a slotted spoon or small strainer. Then add strained Boba to cold ice water for 20 seconds.
- Scoop out of measuring cup. Then drain Boba. Add to a dry bowl. Or, back into the same emptied measuring cup.
- Squeeze 1 tablespoon of honey or agave on top of Boba pearls.
- Stir to coat Boba with sugary syrup. Let sit for a few minutes. The Boba will absorb the flavor.
- In a blender, add mango, orange, yogurt, coconut milk, cream, 1 tablespoon honey or agave, and ice.
- Blend until thick and well blended.
- Add desired amount of Boba mixture to the bottom of a drinking glass. Over the Boba, pour smoothie drink into the same drinking glass.
- Insert a wide straws into the drink. Insert a big enough straw into the drink to sip up Boba. Enjoy!
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
2 thoughts on “Mango-Orange Bubble/Boba Smoothie”
Interesting recipe I have never used Boba pearls…Thank you for following my blog 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.